In 2009, the infamous Santelli Rant ignited a nationwide grassroots movement against wasteful government spending. Known as The Tea (Taxed Enough Already) Party, the phenomenon spread like wildfire across the fruited plain, with the specific purpose of restoring Constitutional principles and fiscal sanity to Washington, D.C. By 2010, the everyday Americans who comprised the bulk of the Tea Party had made tremendous inroads by swinging the House of Representatives back to Republican control. It seemed that this political tour de force was well on its way to recapturing the Oval Office in 2012. But a funny thing happened on the road to the White House. What began as an earnest movement comprised of America-loving patriots was soon sabotaged by opportunists with a self-serving agenda. Combined with the naïveté of inexperienced candidates for office, nefarious schemes from Republican Party operatives, and a glaring lack of organization, it s no wonder the Tea Party s efforts to influence elections has fizzled out spectacularly. All is not lost, however. In his new book, Ego in a Tea Bag: How Greed, Corruption and Deceit Threaten a Great American Movement, author, blogger, and political activist Ken Crow delves into the roots of the Tea Party, exposes the profiteers of patriotism, and lays out a practical, workable plan for achieving the goal of limited government and securing the promise of the United States of America for generations to come.
It’s not easy protesting outside in Florida in the summer but that didn’t stop several patriots from facing the heat to stand up for our national sovereignty. To be very honest, I only stayed for about an hour, while just about everyone else I spoke with had been there for the entire time (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.).
Suffice it to say, these patriots have had it with the permanent political class destroying the Republic. I love being with Tea Party activists because they understand that the Republican Party is a bigger enemy than the Left. Even though they hate their own base (which they believe is comprised of nativist yahoos) they still fool quite a few on our side by co-opting the language of limited government when it suits their purposes (e.g. winning elections to hold onto political power). Someone told me Melbourne will be receiving a shipment of illegal children next week. It seems to me our local and state officials should fight against it. Will they?
For all of those who accuse us of being “heartless” and “un-Christian” where is your outrage at the governments south of the border who are happy to exploit these innocent kids in collusion with the totally corrupt Obama administration and entrenched D.C. insiders? Where is your critical analysis? Don’t you wonder why this is happening NOW? If not, you should. And spare some compassion for innocent American children whose ancestors came here the right way, with the intention of assimilating into American life and culture — not to further drain our welfare system and public schools (the former of which needs serious reform, and the latter of which needs to be completely returned to state and local control). American kids (citizens and legal immigrants) are the ones most vulnerable to disease with a new school year about to begin. Doesn’t it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that diseases this country eradicated are now infecting it again?
Just say NO to amnesty and YES to securing our borders NOW.
My co-workers and I set up our TPV tent bright and early at 7 a.m. today at FIT, where Obama spoke at around 11:30 a.m. (supposed to be 10 a.m. but I guess he was fashionably late) to recruit more members to our website. Since I am posting this on my personal blog, where I post my personal opinions, here are a few observations:
- The Tea Party and Pro-Israel groups were out in full-force. When we arrived, they were already standing on each of the four corners of the intersection and by the time it was about 10 a.m., they numbered somewhere between 250-300. Keep it mind, it’s September in Florida, which means it is HOT. Even though we thankfully enjoyed a nice breeze much of the day, it was still a long, sweltering morning.
- The God/Jerusalem fiasco at the DNC has really hit a nerve with many. Although a few of the folks brandishing the Israeli flags had once been, or still are Democrats, they will be voting for Romney in the fall.
- The Obama Zombies/Big Government lovers are not going to change. It was actually stunning to witness in person how willing and eager so many are to become slaves of the government — funded with money earned by society’s producers of course.
- Tea Party patriots chanted “USA! USA!” while Obama Zombies chanted the name of Dear Leader. The patriots also sang God Bless America and chanted other things like “No more years!” and “Obama Must Go!”
- Early in the day, I saw an older woman who was an Obama supporter wearing a T-shirt that read, “I Love Medicare”. Since I was wearing official company clothing, branded with our logo, it took every ounce of restraint I had not to scream at her: “Then why are you supporting the guy who’s decimating it for his socialized medicine farce???”
- Tea Party/Romney/Israel supporters carried clever, homemade signs while Obama supporters walked around with campaign-sanctioned placards bearing the word “FORWARD”. Many sported buttons and shirts featuring Barack and Michelle. Of the homemade signs my favorites were: “God and Jerusalem Always in my Platform” and “Obama Lied, NASA Died”.
- That sometimes no matter how hard you try, you simply cannot overcome emotion with logic. I witnessed many patient patriots trying to talk sense with the Obama drones, informing them of history (e.g. that the Republican Party was formed as an abolitionist party, what happens when countries adopt socialism, etc)
- A large number of Obama supporters — both black and white — are clearly basing their vote on race, not substance or character. I overheard a few conversations to that effect and accusations of “racism” hurled at the patriot groups in attendance. One woman screamed at a Tea Party guy for several minutes about how “disrespectful” his mere presence as an opponent of Obama’s policies was at this event. Guess she’s not a big fan of the First Amendment.
- A large number of Obama supporters feel entitled to the fruits of others’ labors and are not afraid to proclaim it. One young guy was walking though the crowd shouting, “I need to go to college!” Guess he’s never heard of getting a loan at a bank, or working while putting himself through school. Obviously his parents don’t give a damn about helping their own child obtain a college degree. I mean, why bother when you can just elect a government that will make attending college a “right”, funded by all of those hard-working bitter clingers?
Check out the photos below:
It’s coming up on three years since I met the lovely, talented Ava Aston and first heard her wonderful song We The People. So I figured it was a good time to repost the video and re-energize the souls of patriot warriors. For more about Ava, check out my Patriot Woman To Know feature story and her website AvaAston.com.