Water Signs is one of those rare books that makes you feel like you want to meet the characters in person. Yes, they are that real. It is beautifully written with passion for our country and romance. It is one of those books that is just like a good movie, where you hate to see it end. Speaking of more…please Daria, write the sequel as we are left sitting on the edge our seats wanting more. Madeline Rose and her charming husband Kenny will enrich your lives with their love for each other. Yes, a perfect romance does exist.
I fell in love with Rose from the very beginning and couldn’t wait to know more and more about her story. I am rooting for her and hope the author will consider writing a sequel. I would like to be informed if she does. Her writing style kept me engaged and intrigued. I appreciate an author like DiGiovanni who has a keen knowledge of English language and who writes as if you were right there with the main character. Kudos to you!
When I remember the things I’m most grateful for, at the top of the list is my upbringing in a loving, stable home with two upstanding, involved parents. My four siblings and I were raised with solid, traditional values, along with a very clear sense of right versus wrong. And yes, a lot of fun in the form of family gatherings, events, friendships and the security of knowing our parents cared about our lives. My mom especially was happily involved in school activities, homework and extracurricular things like dance and piano lessons, sports (my brothers played baseball, football and wrestled) and ensuring that we were exposed not only to Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and Sixers games but also culture, history and conservative political activism.
Given the state of our current self-absorbed culture, I am eternally thankful for being the product of two people who were not only loving but generous with their time.
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad….and thank you for everything!
I love today’s Daily Word in honor of the occasion:
WITH LOVE AND APPRECIATION, I BLESS MY FATHER.
As we express love to our family members, we are channels for the love of God. Today we love and honor our fathers and the father figures in our lives.
Whether they are with us in person or spirit, we express our love and appreciation. We remember what these men have taught us, what they have shared, and what we have experienced with them. We hold them in prayer, knowing prayer is not limited by time or space.
If for any reason we have felt alienated from our father, we allow the forgiving love of God to heal whatever may have kept us from understanding and loving each other. We let the love of God express through us.
The Lord bless you and keep you … the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.—Numbers 6:24, 26
Yes, today is my birthday and I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to all of my friends on various social media platforms for their warm wishes! In looking back over the past year, I am definitely counting my birthday blessings:
1. I’ve had the privilege of being hired to complete Steps To Salvation and manage all of the ensuing marketing/PR efforts by one of the very best people I know: Shlomo Attia. The book is finally written and will be published in the next few weeks after we complete final edits and photos to be included. Shlomo is hands-down the best employer and friend anyone could ask for. Not everyone who knows me supports or understands the mission we’re undertaking together, but that’s alright. I’m just happy and thankful to be a part of this worthy project, and to have the opportunity to work on my terms for a change. The corporate thing? It’s just not for me. Thank you, God, for the blessing of purposeful work!
2. Another book ghostwritten for a dear friend who entrusted me with her very personal, touching and inspirational memoir. If you haven’t read Reflections on the Ring, check out Lori’s blog here. It’s a wonderful, life-affirming tale about the importance of forgiveness, family, love and persistence.
3. One Year of Writestream Radio with good friends and hosts Lisa Tarves, John D. Gresham, Dr. Billie Eizenberg, Family Law Attorney Sheena Benjamin Wise and Kristyn Fetterman.
4. Co-founding WBTN – Check out the Blog Talk Radio Show Page here to listen to Supreme Sense, Politically Incorrect with Green Bean, Millennial Musings, Dead Wrong Radio and Inalienable Right — soon to transform into a new show with a new name and format. Stay tuned!
5. Another year of excellent health, thanks to great DNA; a lifetime of drinking plenty of water, exercising in one form or another; avoiding smoking and drinking; and staying on a path of spiritual growth and development. I thank God every single day that I have no need for prescription medications, enjoy low-to-normal blood pressure, experience lots of energy and have the discipline to faithfully workout to Leslie Sansone’s wonderful DVDs daily. The pictured is just one of several I own and I alternate them in a rotation that is paying off in the form of increased strength, toned muscles and overall good health. Thank you, God!
6. Wonderful Parents/Family – Very blessed for my upbringing and the fact that my mom and dad are still here with me. Grateful for a close family!
7. Good friends in real life and on social media, including the CLFA!
8. The opportunity to be a guest on the Hugh Hewitt Show this past January, thanks to my brother Mark.
So many blessings, so little time to post today! There are many more that are not for public consumption but a personal matter between God and me.
Looking forward to a fabulous dinner with friends at Tropical Acres tonight!