My amazing, freedom-loving, lifelong activist mother alerted me to this fantastic video today. Please watch, share and inspire others to make 2014 a triumph for liberty and limited government!
Let’s face it: if you’re a constitutional conservative who treasures individual liberty, a strong national defense, a proud work ethic, belief in God and traditional values, there’s not much to laugh about these days. Thanks to Obama’s re-election, we’re discovering in practical terms (though we already knew) just exactly how his “fundamental transformation” of our beloved USA works. And it’s not pretty.
So yes, we must keep fighting to preserve our freedoms as we continue to hold the political class accountable, including those who claim to honor the US Constitution but in reality, are all about preserving their own power.
Which is why comic relief is needed now more than ever.
Enter Evan Sayet, author of The Kindergarden of Eden: How The Modern Liberal Thinks. In addition to being a talented writer and insightful philosopher, Evan is also a constitutional conservative and an entertaining comic.
But he’s not just a comedian who happens to be conservative — his entire show is political and performed from a conservative point of view. It’s no wonder Evan has performed at both CPAC and Restoration Weekend to appreciative, America-loving crowds.
Now he’s doing the same in San Diego on February 21 at 7:30 p.m. at the Four Points Sheraton. If you love to laugh but have had it with comedians who constantly use foul language and/or defame our country, our military and everyday Americans, you’ll be pleasantly surprised, not to mention fully entertained by Evan Sayet. In an age where culture drives politics, and said culture is currently in the gutter, it’s also incumbent upon conservatives to support their own.
And at the low-cost of $20, you can’t go wrong. So c’mon San Diego conservatives — make your reservations for Evan Sayet’s comedy show today by contacting Evan at firstname.lastname@example.org. And be sure to spread the word!
Last Saturday, Steve and I had the pleasure of interviewing author Evan Sayet about his latest book on CRF Radio. Since then I’ve had the chance to finish The KinderGarden of Eden, which I highly recommend for patriots all across the fruited plain as a guide to understanding and defeating the enemy of liberalism.
If you’re a right-thinking person who values common sense, hard work and achievement in addition to a belief in God, reverence for the United States Constitution and a healthy respect for science, it’s a safe bet you’re often puzzled by the propensity of left-thinking people to stubbornly — dare I say bitterly? — cling to their irrational worldview, which history has repeatedly exposed as deeply flawed at best and inherently evil at worst.
For example, as Sayet notes in his book, communism, the brutal ideology often heralded by lefties as superior to free-market capitalism, holds the record for killing the highest number of innocents in the 20th century — more than all other ideologies combined. In fact, it’s directly responsible for the murders of 120 million innocent people. And yet, in spite of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, the “Modern Liberal” — as Evan differentiates from a “Classical Liberal” in the mold of JFK — tends to view communism and its collectivist cousins like socialism as something eminently desirable, a method by which to create a “utopia” on earth.
Or as Ronald Reagan once put it, “It’s not that our liberal friends are stupid. It’s just that they know so much that isn’t so”.
And whereas a Classical Liberal like JFK once urged Americans, “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country,” today’s Modern Liberal abhors the very notion of patriotism and American Exceptionalism, considering him or herself above all a “Citizen of the World”.
While it’s easy for conservatives to mock liberal attitudes and impulses, it’s also critically important that they understand the root causes (to use a favorite liberal buzz-phrase) of such erroneous thinking and the methods by which liberals perpetuate their misguided philosophy within our society. The KinderGarden of Eden is an excellent primer for such an undertaking.
A self-described “9/13 Republican”, Sayet was chagrined to discover not only a pervasive belief among his liberal friends in the aftermath of 9/11 that America “deserved” it (thereby siding with evil), but that they often made “the most objectively false and even hateful anti-American arguments” to support their flawed belief system. That experience led to the author’s study of “How The Modern Liberal Thinks”, which ultimately led to a 2007 lecture at the Heritage Foundation and the 2012 publication of his book.
The title is a variation of Robert Fulghum’s popular book All I Really Need to Know I Learned In Kindergarten, first published in 1988. More specifically, Sayet’s effort is a take-down of the “Modern Liberal” worldview exemplified by Fulghum in his paean to eternal childhood, which of course is adored by Modern Liberals everywhere.
Among other things, Sayet’s book explains with great clarity:
- The notion of indiscriminateness, or the Modern Liberal’s deliberate rejection of the intellectual process
- Why the Modern Liberal consistently sides with the lesser over the better, the wrong over the right, evil over good
- The phenomenon of Modern Liberal “projection” wherein he or she ascribes the negative qualities of the lesser to the better, and the qualities of the better to the lesser
- Why the Modern Liberal deliberately denies personal standards, preferring instead to lower others/society to his level
- Why the Modern Liberal has secondary policies meant to somewhat mitigate the greater suffering caused by his/her primary policies
- The utter contempt the Modern Liberal harbors for hard work and those who willingly labor to produce things of value and to better their social/economic situation
- The difference between the True Believer and The Mindless Foot Soldier
- The Four Laws of the United Theory of Liberalism and its Corollaries
- The genius of Bruce Spingsteen’s lyrics
On that last bullet, do not be misled that either Mr. Sayet or I actually buy the garbage Bruce Springsteen peddles in his songs; quite the contrary. However, as someone who considers Springsteen a no-talent and his voice an assault on my eardrums, I was nevertheless impressed by the sheer cleverness of his lyrics — as noted by the author — in promoting his left-wing agenda. Let’s just say that to Mr. Springsteen, having a productive job (as opposed to a utopian one in which all one has to do is express an opinion) and familial responsibilities is a leading cause of rape and murder.
In the book the author also highlights the advances of Western Civilization, brought about by a healthy balance between God and science, or as he puts it between “Athens and Jerusalem”, and notes the chaos that ensues when this balance is disrupted by eliminating one in favor of the other. And he backs it all up with real-world examples from history.
To anyone who wants to understand what we as Americans and conservatives are up against as we battle the left in the arena of ideas, The KinderGarden of Eden: How the Modern Liberal Thinks is a must-have in your intellectual arsenal. Pick up a copy today at Evan Sayet’s website.
After reading my post yesterday about the Golden Globes, one of my readers sent the following email:
My only problem is when Conservatives say we abdicated the culture to the liberals. I don’t quite understand what that means. I didn’t abdicate anything, at least not to my knowledge. What are we, who are working with families, supposed to do? Are we supposed to publish newspapers, start networks, or make movies? If you’re not in one of those fields, I think you first have to be good parents and stay on top of your kids like we do. Good parents don’t let their kids be liberals.You also have to talk to your neighbors and join groups like the Tea Party. I don’t raise these questions to be funny. I just want to know what the plan(s) is or should be. I hear this complaint about the culture from conservative pundits but I don’t hear any solutions, other than the vague “we’ve got to get the culture back”.
First, to reply to his frustration with conservatives who note that we have abdicated the culture, I suggest watching the film Agenda: Grinding America Down to fully understand the scope and magnitude of the cultural challenges we now face, due to a concerted effort on the part of American communists to detach the USA from all moral anchors. The communists rightly saw America’s morality as its strength, the source of its economic prosperity and military power, thus they brilliantly (if diabolically) infiltrated our most revered institutions in order to take us down from within, without firing a single shot.
As for the “conservative abdication of the culture” issue, I don’t think it’s about blame as much as it’s about getting people to understand the urgency to get into the cultural game. Most pundits I hear acknowledge that good, upstanding people are busy working, raising kids, going to church, helping their communities and otherwise contributing to their families, friends and society as a whole. But it’s no longer enough to declare, “I don’t watch so-and-so”, or “I have no idea who so-and-so is because I don’t listen to that trash”. As I said yesterday, the only reason I give a damn about what Julianne Moore falsely claims about Sarah Palin is because way too many Americans who vote give credence to her and other celebrities in our increasingly secular, vapid, Jerry Springer-ized culture.
That said, I certainly agree that one of the ways to stop this insanity is to stop putting any financial support behind it. Which means you first have to be aware that a particular film, actor, director, etc. harbors deeply hostile views toward all things traditionally American — from free enterprise to individual liberty to personal responsibility to belief in God. Yes, they are free to make anti-American garbage and you are equally free as an American consumer to boycott their product.
But don’t stop there. Talk to your friends about it. Inform other people you know who aren’t as politically or culturally astute yet in virtually all aspects of their life are basically conservative. Even with the degradation of American society, most people — whether they admit it or not — live traditional lives. Most Americans love our country and see it as a force for good in the world. Most believe that “government is doing too much”, according to the exit polling done on Election Day 2012.
So why then, if most folks believe government is too involved in our lives, would they vote to send Obama back to the White House? What is wrong with this picture?
It’s incredulous that there could be such a disconnection but this dichotomy exists among a broad swath of Americans, from the highly educated to those with only a high school diploma. I recently wrote about college-educated family friends who are well into their Golden Years and pride themselves on their moral standards and work ethic who nevertheless voted for Obama twice.
Do you think this couple even knows who Sandra Fluke is, or that the DNC booed God three times at their convention?
Yes, we can rightfully blame the Obamaphile media for not covering such things, but the more insidious problem exists within the culture — television shows, films, music — that subtly embed their agenda in an entertaining package. And why is it that the media would deliberately refuse to expose the elevation of sluts and the attempted dethroning of God at the DNC? Because if a majority of Americans knew what they actually stood for, they’d never vote for a Democrat — or a squishy RINO for that matter.
That’s why I believe there’s still hope. But we have to move quickly. Here are my initial thoughts on how to practically and positively influence our culture:
1. Know Your Enemy – Stay informed of the bad actors, so to speak. You don’t have live and die by celebrity rag sheets, but read blogs like Big Hollywood for a full understanding of who the America-bashing celebrities are. Again, it’s not about caring about their opinion because they’re important people; it’s about caring because their opinion — for better or for worse — matters to many Americans who in turn, vote in elections.
2. Refuse to Support America-Bashing/Culturally Toxic/Agenda-Driven Films, Music, TV Shows, Artists – This naturally follows #1 because once you know who they are, you can withhold your hard-earned dollars from their propagandized products. If enough people stopped financially propping up these clowns, maybe they’d finally be forced to start producing something of quality and value — or pave the way for talented pro-America newcomers to fill the void.
3. Talk Religion and Politics – Remember the old adage about avoiding these “controversial” topics among friends, strangers, co-workers and acquaintances? Well, it’s completely bone-headed and has inflicted a tremendous amount of damage on our culture. There are civil ways of approaching the most pressing issues of our time through the lens of religion and politics, and since a majority of Americans still believe in God and live traditional lives, it’s not as daunting as you might think. Sure, there will be plenty of disagreement, but isn’t it a thousand times more productive to talk about things that directly affect our lives instead of exclusively opining on the weather? Besides, disagreement can also lead to the discussion of new ideas and the discovery of angles you might never have contemplated before.
4. Use Social Media – Ah yes, I hear it all the time. Facebook, Twitter and social media are time-wasters! “I don’t care what Mary is cooking for dinner tonight, or how many baskets Joe’s grandson made at his basketball game.” A completely understandable attitude that also misses the point — and an important opportunity. Social media gives you a chance to communicate with people you might never have known, or in the case of long-lost friends from high school, ever seen or heard from again. Share important information with them, engage them in dialogue about current events and yes, talk religion and politics.
5. Start a Blog or Internet Radio Show – Back in the day, Thomas Paine wrote the pamphlet Common Sense to gin up support for the American Revolution. In the 21st Century, freedom-loving patriots have the benefit of new technology to help them get the message out to Americans from all across the fruited plain. In our present-day cultural revolution, we can use platforms like a blog or a blog talk radio show to discuss cultural issues that in turn, affect our election results and public policies. Promote conservative authors, writers and artists by reviewing their work on your blog and radio program. Uninformed voters might not listen to Rush Limbaugh because they’ve bought into the media lies about him, but they might listen to you, especially if they know you as a friend, co-worker, family member or acquaintance. Even if your audience only includes your own circle of influence, you’d still be making a difference.
6. Start Your Own Film Festival – Invite friends over to watch some of the excellent offerings from conservative film makers like Stephen K. Bannon. Watch The Undefeated, District of Corruption, Occupy Unmasked and Fire From The Heartland, to name a few. Another great choice is In The Face of Evil: Reagan’s War in Word and Deed, which not only offers a compelling biography of Ronald Reagan, but also an important history lesson about the 20th century which many don’t learn in school. Which reminds me, if you have kids let them watch also.
7. Start a You Tube Channel – Building on the same principle as starting an internet radio show and blog, create a YouTube channel, where you can post videos of yourself discussing a particular topic. A few stellar examples of people who do this quite effectively are Steven Crowder and Bill Whittle. If you also possess a talent for singing, writing songs and acting, consider creating online “films” that inspire and educate. At the very least, if you don’t have the time to start your own channel, share these types of videos with your contacts on social media to help spread the word.
This is by no means an all-inclusive list, so I will definitely add to it as new ideas come to me. What suggestions do you have? I’d love to hear them and include them in a future post.
I absolutely LOVE this new video produced by the fabulous Chicks on the Right. Please watch and share with everyone you know, especially the women in your life who are susceptible to the Republican/Conservative “War on Women” propaganda:
For years, the Chicks have been exposing the flagrant hypocrisy of celebrity females like Ashley Judd, whose laughable excoriation of the “sexualization” of women betrays a stunning lack of self-awareness. This is after all the same woman who freely posed nude and/or nearly nude for a variety of popular women’s magazines, and appeared in films like Norma Jean and Marilyn completely in the buff. No doubt, she was paid well for her willingness to shed her clothing which didn’t seem to be a problem for her in her younger days.
No whining about the mythical “patriarchy” when she was in her prime. And hey, the money was great too. More than the average American woman will see in her lifetime, particularly those who’ve lost their jobs in the Obama economy. But now, Ashley vocally complains about the hyper-sexualization of women by the “patriarchy” — a problem she herself was complicit in the making, much like Madonna, who has vilified the American culture in the same way, apparently clueless to the reality that she herself has played (and continues to play) a major role in its degradation.
This is indeed the battle cry of liberty-loving, hard-working, responsible, accountable American women who have been blessed with the privilege of living in the freest nation the world has ever known. Share it far and wide: pushing back against progressive propaganda requires focused, relentless and united effort.